Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Yes I had the same thing.

Did the bars go on relatively easy?

If not they are slightly off. I had to get a whole new PS. You should not need that.

Even the littlest bit if body touching the hoop will interfer with fitment.

When I opened the holes every think fit easy and clean. You may need to clean the inside of the roll bar opening too with a file of some sort

Jason

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bars slide in easy. I have 3/16 clearance all around bars,once it’s together it don’t move at all To adjust.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Hopefully someone will be able to give you something helpful.

I did these things and it worked for me. That's all I got is what I encountered. Lol

Sorry
Jason

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have bolts in the bottom? If so try this; remove them (not just loosen) shove the top up tight and bolt it then install the 3 lower bolts.

Jeff
No bolts anywhere. That’s what I was getting ready to do,drill&tap but I cant get to correct position.its literally solid once the back bar attaches to the front hoop.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hard to tell from the picture, but either the end of the roll bar is not cut off square or the upper and lower are misaligned. Check with a straight edge.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hard to tell from the picture, but either the end of the roll bar is not cut off square or the upper and lower are misaligned. Check with a straight edge.
Bar is cut square. when I put a straight edge on, it shows it wants to go over the amount needed to close gap BUT I just can’t get it to move.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
It was my experiene. If you had you squeeze or pull it with effort it's not made right. At one point I forced the PS all the way on with force and the cross bar did not align right.

I had to get a new one the tech at FFR said the hoop was not bent right. They sent a new one. And it fit perfectly once I opened the holes on the body more.

Though some say they got theirs right forcing it on.

Jason

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was my experiene. If you had you squeeze or pull it with effort it's not made right. At one point I forced the PS all the way on with force and the cross bar did not align right.

I had to get a new one the tech at FFR said the hoop was not bent right. They sent a new one. And it fit perfectly once I opened the holes on the body more.

Though some say they got theirs right forcing it on.

Jason
Going to sound crazy but I’m almost certain it was perfect when I first installed way back then cause I never would have walked away from it if it wasn’t. I recently removed to put the roll bar grommets on and now I’m having this issue.weird right or I’m I just going crazy lol?

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I have not tried it with the grommets yet. But I actually had a problem because the bottom of the hole lip was uneven though the part you are looking at looked like it was gapped away from the bar.

Maybe take the bar out. Take the grommets off. Clean everything with a file one more time.

Leave the grommets off fit it. If its good maybe there's something off about the grommets. If its not right then it's the holes. This is if it fit perfect without the body. If it fits good without the grommets and then it does not with the grommets then it should be a grommet problem. Just an idea.

Once I had every replaced, cleaned and trimmed it came off and on with ease. Which was important to me.
Jason

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
When I go to install the grommets. I plan on putting the grommets on the and bar then drill the holes. That way I know it will not mess with the fit. It was my experience if anything is off a tiny hair it's not going to sit right.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Is it possible you swapped the rear leg top-to-bottom? Or swapped rear legs side-to-side (what was on the left is now on the right & vice versa)?

Disregard the last if you only have a single roll bar.

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same issue. I sanded down the high side. It fits perfect now, but it needs to be re-chromed now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts