Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of us have that one thing that just drives them nuts about their ride. I've made many mods to help make the car more enjoyable but the ONE thing that has bothered me most is the roll bar. I just couldn't live with it sticking straight up which I think totally disrupts the lines of the car. I actually took it out two years ago and have been going barless since.

I recently discovered one of our own has come with a genius solution. No need to redo body cutouts or relocate mounting points. Scott Baska, aka "Convincor" has come with a "correct" looking roll bar which simply drops in place of your stock roll bar and bolts up underneath using sleeves to connect the points with all bolts hidden under the body in the trunk. Enven the third leg bolt is now in the trunk instead of up top. It's laid back 8deg, 1 3/4" OD and shortened height.

The plan will be to market these through Breeze and offer in steel and stainless. Here are some pictures of my test mule. I'm having Scott make up a stainless one which I'll polish like chrome. I'm thrilled with the results. More to come.

Reactions: wgaf41971

· Premium Member
3,885 Posts
I'm thinking that I like that. :thumbup1:

15,216 Posts
Will it pass the broomstick test? Or is it just aesthetic?

I'm actually a factory double roll-bar guy, and I like the look, but this is an interesting additional option. It's nice work. Hope folks will pony up the :money: to make the effort worth it for you guys.

Cheers, John

6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Will it pass the broomstick test? Or is it just aesthetic?

I'm actually a factory double roll-bar guy, and I like the look, but this is an interesting additional option. Hope folks will pony up the :cash: to make the work worth it for you guys.

Cheers, John
There is a very slight bend in the tube just below the body surface to make it all work. It easily passes the broomstick test.

Here's an earlier stainless version.

Reactions: wgaf41971

· Registered
919 Posts
It does look better then the straight up roll bar...

Jack

· Registered
1,581 Posts
Love it!!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· FFR Bandit
407 Posts
Todd,

Looks great!!! I'm sold- really-

Mark has Scott making me up one as we speak! Awesome- just awesome.

As soon as I get mine, I will post some pictures as well.
Mine will be different, as I have the second gen. MKIV- with the 1 1/2" tubes, and the 1 1/4" slugs inside. So my mounting under the body should be interesting with the 1 3/4" roll bar.

· Senior Charter Member
2,836 Posts
How much shorter? What's the broomstick test? I like the meaty 2" tubing, any chance of that? What about a passenger side bar? Looks great.

· Plodding Along
2,976 Posts
I'd certainly be interested in one in stainless. Let us know about prices and availability as soon as possible. Thanks for working to bring this mod to market.

· Registered
1,248 Posts
Sweeeeet. One more thing to want. Probably isn't a Mk4 thing though is it?

6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
These will fit MK1-MK4. Scott will have to chime in on pricing. What would this be worth? I have my own idea but where should the price be if it were you selling these? I have no association to any profits in this venutre. Just helping with fitment to fine tune the final product for Scott and Breeze. All the credit goes to Scott.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.