Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side roll bar fits well, but the driver's side diagonal tube is off by about 1/2 to 3/4 inch. Has anyone experienced this? It seems the only fix is to cut and weld on the chassis tube, but I would rather not.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Living Large
1,871 Posts
Tim,
It might be easier to trim 3/4" off the rollbar versus rewelding the mount. :confused:
Just my .02

Trent

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Naga, thanks for the idea. I tried it, but no dice. As they sit right now, the passenger side fits well and they are level across the top, so they are the same height. They look to be at identical angles as well, so my guess is the diagonal frame tube on the driver's side is just welded to the frame slightly forward of where it should be. Unfortunately I think it will be a cut and re-weld job. If anyone has any other ideas I am wide open though...

Thanks,

Tim

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Find a 4 or 5 ft pipe that will fit into the third leg and give it a tug in the direction the bar needs to move to align properly. Looks like it does not have to move much.

Baron

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
How about sending it back to Factory Five for one that fits properly? It might be the rollbar, not the frame. Just a thought, but it would be worth a shot before getting out the welder or cut off wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts