Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I read a procedure on how to find the location for the roll bar cutouts but I did a search and checked the FAQ to no avail. My buddy had an accident - he was rear ended while stopped, by an F-350. The truck came right up almost to his roll bar. Car faired pretty well considering what hit it. He has decided to put on a Tri-States body and it is at the body shop now. They can't figure out how to cut out the roll bar holes. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Henry

·
Registered
71 Posts
Get some cardboard about the thickness of the box that a 12 pack of pop comes in, you can get construction paper about this thickness from an arts store. Roll the paper in to a tube that will slip over the main roll bar mounts on the chassis and trimmed short enough to fit under the body (the closer the better). Square up the tubes under the body and mark the holes on the under side of the body for the main hoop and trim. You can also use a wooden dowel that will fit in the I.D. of the mount and again short enough to fit under the body to trace the location on the under side of the body. Once you have the main hoop in you can use the same technique for the rear bar marking the top of the body.
On the rear bar you could start with a small hole in the body and run string through it so you can match it up on the chassis mount. I have used this process on drag cars in the past.

Hope this helps.
PM me if you need more detail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.