Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife is buying me a 4 post lift for Christmas :)
I'm working out the dimensions and making sure everyything fits where I want it. I know the FRQ specifications say that they're 48" high but I'm thinking that is the windshield and not the rollbar, is that correct? I don't have the windshield or rollbar installed on mine, can someone confirm the height of both for me? I need to clear the garage door opener!

Thanks,
Brian

· Registered
1,327 Posts
Brian, As someone thats been where you're going (I've had both a 4 post and now a 2 post lift in my garage), if you're at a point where the door opener and/or trolley are of concern, get rid of them both!

I'd suggest looking into a Liftmaster 3800 torsion bar opener. Its very quiet and frees up all of that 'wasted space' above the opener and trolley.

See attached photo. The black/red box on the upper right corner is the opener.

HTH,
Will

Attachments

· Registered
11,831 Posts

i hope this helps you.

with the help of a friend and a level, i just went out and measured my MK3 with fat rollbar, wouldn't you know it, it's almost exactly 48".

don't forget the visors -if they are flipped up, they will be the slightest bit lower than the rollbar. of course, you can flip them down. the FFR rollbar is very upright, a characteristic of the car.

· Registered
1,327 Posts
Brian, Here's where I got mine.

Garage Door Openers, Parts, and Remotes | Liftmaster, Genie, and More from North Shore Commercial Door

Best price so far. My local GDO guy in the Phoenix area wanted around $400 OTD, $500 installed.

They're at $325 and I found that when I tried to navigate away from the order page on their website, I got a promo code for an additional discount, which actually wound up shipping it for free from OH to AZ!

I'd highly recommend them and the opener!

Keep us posted.

HTH,
Will

· Senior Charter Member
1,874 Posts
LuvAZ, If you don't mind, I'm wondering what your ceiling and door height are??
Thanks Dave

· Registered
1,327 Posts
LuvAZ, If you don't mind, I'm wondering what your ceiling and door height are??
Thanks Dave

Dave- The door is 8' X 8'. Ceiling height is 126" (10 1/2 ft).

HTH,
Will

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.