Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone by chance do a self pick up of their roadster in a crate, and use U Haul auto trailer to haul the kit back home? Looking to drive to the factory to pick up my kit when I order and have it crated, but rent a U haul auto trailer to strap it too. I could also arrange Manitoulin Transport or something to pick it up but was hoping to drive down and see this place for myself also.
According to FFRs crate size, it should fit on the auto trailer width wise by an inch. Length it’s going to stick off the back by 18” or so.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I brought my first one home without a crate and I hope to do the same with the second. There are photos online of guys using a 5x8 uhaul, I used a car hauler trailer.
It's easy for you and a few neighbors to lift it off the trailer when you get back.

I'm hoping, once I get my second vaccination, I'll be permitted to cross the border to get it.

Been waiting since August of last year thus far.

Shipping Quotes I've received just to get it to the closest border crossing, 4 hours drive from FFR, $2000 USD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing with that trailer is Uhaul on their website says it’s for “Local” use only. I was hoping to rent something in Wareham and haul it home. Avoid renting here and pulling it all the way there than taking it back, but it’s an option that’s for sure. I would like to not crate it for cross boarder as it’s save $1300 in crate fees. They even have a 12x6 utility trailer. How long is the car, would it fit in that covered trailer Uhaul has? I’m also trying to think of the boxs of stuff I gotta bring back also.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
To rent the trailer and bring it back to the same location is cheap, under $100. You do NOT need a covered trailer. The picture with Dave is me, 10 years ago. I could have put 2 cars on that hauler!

pictures-1906-picture21794-img-0067a (1).jpg
DSC_0782.jpg
fc7be17d-d5f1-43b6-a_1250x1250-uncropped.png

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh perfect. So just need a few 4x4 posts to rest the body and frame on and boxes can fit in and under car as well as the truck. Ya the price to rent the trailer locally for me is cheap. This would be best option, no issues at customs bring it across? Looks like a car but it’s not. Lol

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
If you have your transport Canada paperwork in order it's a breeze. Pay the tax and be on your way.

All you need is the same thing I need, the border to open up.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
When is your delivery date? Where are you? I have a shipper lined up for June.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts