Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get some seats for my MK2. What are the dimensions on the regular seats. Height top to bottom, Width Side to Side and Length front to back the MK2 has seat belt brackets on the floor board . looking to get a custom set made but want to make sure my measurements are OK. Appreciate the help

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same as the FF5 ones?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Piggybacking off this thread... Any idea if these would fit in a Mark IV? One of the comments on the Jegs site says the seat base area is 15"W x 22"L, it sits 34" tall with a 27" back height, it's 21"W at the shoulders and 20"W at the thighs.

Scat 80-1680-51L: Touring Series Seat Vinyl | JEGS

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Piggybacking off this thread... Any idea if these would fit in a Mark IV? One of the comments on the Jegs site says the seat base area is 15"W x 22"L, it sits 34" tall with a 27" back height, it's 21"W at the shoulders and 20"W at the thighs.

Scat 80-1680-51L: Touring Series Seat Vinyl | JEGS
While those seats would almost certainly fit, I would not use them with a four/five-point harness. Head rest posts are typically wider than the shoulder belts are required to be, such that in an accident your shoulders slip between and out of the belts.

John

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
A couple of seats similar in style & price are the OMP Style Sport Seat, and the Corbeau Evolution X. The former has a slot for the anti-submarine belt; the latter does not.

Your best bet is to find a local dealer and sit in whatever seat you're considering. It's worth even a couple of hours drive to find out that the seat you fell in love with on the internet just plain doesn't fit your butt. :grin2:

John

·
Registered
599 Posts
I did some digging. Takata states the shoulder harnesses can be routed between the head rest posts for proper installation here:

TAKATA Answers Your Questions - Speedhunters

Picture attached.

Interestingly enough, they don't recommend 5-point harnesses:

"The use of five point (single crotch strap) models is highly discouraged as these five point designs increase the risk of soft tissue injury and also tend to cause higher levels of chest compression in the event of accidents."

I'm curious, how safe are the FFR-supplied 5pt harnesses compared to a 6pt harness?

Attachments

·
Not a waxer
11,804 Posts
Takata huh? They're the ones who made the 46 million defective airbags, right? The phrase "Grain of salt" comes to mind ;)

Take a look at this Sube dimension diagram and follow the line for "Clubman" seats:

https://www.subesports.com/chart-seats

That's just about the limit of what you can squeeze in...and you have to get a little creative at that, like by raising the front of the seat by an inch or two.

Jeff

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,462 Posts
I am trying to get some seats for my MK2. What are the dimensions on the regular seats. Height top to bottom, Width Side to Side and Length front to back the MK2 has seat belt brackets on the floor board . looking to get a custom set made but want to make sure my measurements are OK. Appreciate the help
I have a steel frame FFR seat here.
Height top to bottom = 22"
Width side to side = 20" at the shoulder height, 17" across the base front and back
Length front to back = 18" on the base, the cushion hangs over another 3" making it 21"

These have a sticker that says Cobra Seats so maybe they are the same company that joyridin posted and the model # is F5 which makes sense.

Hope this helps.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts