Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m 6’3” with a 36” inseam. What is the legroom like in a roadster, and is there a way to maximize it?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I changed the drivers seat to a low back Kirkey racing seat .......being 6' 4" i was to tall for the factory seat ......the kirkey moved me back and lower .....and now i have lots of leg room and pretty comfortable.....Darc

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I also went with the Kirkey. Plenty of room once you are in. (6'3" / 250)

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
biggest guy i know is David Hodgkins. he will be happy to help you with posts. just a few mods, the right seat, and you will fit.

there is a video of a big guy getting in and out of a roadster. i don't have youtube at work, but maybe someone can find it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I am 6' 5" with 36" inseam. My car is a MKII. I used the stock seats mounted as far back as possible. I fit fine. Knee room is acceptable. It does feel tighter and tighter every spring though LOL.

I do not have a top on my car and If you want one it may be an issue getting in and out of the car.

Steve

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
There are four things that make the most difference.

1 the seat selection and mounting is one, we use the Kirkey or Speedway low back racing style seat and mount it to the floor and all the way back.

2 is to adjust the pedals so they are even and as far forward as possible. Just enough travel to push on the brakes hard and not hit the firewall.

3 drop the driver foot box to the bottom of the 4 inch tube, it is not easy but the 2 inches make guys with long feet work much better.

4 the last is to expand the foot box both directions some to make for more room.

There are several guys that are 6'4 plus (me) and over 250 (also me) that drive these cars regularly. HTH, Richard.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm 6' 2 1/2" with a 35" inseam. As others have said before, you don't get in and out of a Cobra, you slip it on and wear it. I have the stock low back seats, mounted on slides. The fit is tight but comfortable. I did some fiddling with the pedal spacing, as my feet tend to be wide. Also added a kick out on the left side of the foot box, which helped some. Still don't have a great place to put my left foot when it's not on the clutch/brake, but it's not bad. The only place I have a real tight fit is at the left shoulder. Again, it's livable because I'm driving my dream.:001_tt1:

·
Senior Charter Member
1,860 Posts
Search on posts by "bjandorph".....he did a good job of posting all the mods. I'm 6'5, and it works. Just have to work at it, Kirkey seats (race or vintage) are a must. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts