Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a FF Roadster Kit, that somebody has purchased, but is no longer interested in building. I have a 1994 GT Ford Mustang, and would like to purchase the base kit from someone in the northwest area. If you know of anyone who no longer wants to build it, please let me know. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Keep your eyes and ears open. On this forum plus they do show up occasionally on craigslist, eBay, etc. Be ready to move fast, because if a good deal they usually get snapped up pretty quickly. Also be willing to be flexible on the exact configuration and also location. If a good deal, the additional transport cost (whether you or something you pay to have done) can be added and still be a good deal.

Both of my builds were from kits someone else started. Both were initially listed on this forum.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
What edwardb said, however, research the differences between different kits so that you are well versed. FFR kits have changed a lot over the years, and these changes can really devalue an un-built kit. Once built, the modifications get very important. For example: For me to build a MKI, MKII, or MKIII, it would have to be hugely discounted as compared to a MKIV. If I were buying a built car, I wouldn't care nearly as much which kit, just the quality of the build and the mods put into it.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Agreed. Very good points. At the times I purchased my already started kits, they were the most current available. Personally, I wouldn't settle for anything less than a Mk4 now. They've been out for several years now and they've improved that much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts