Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, day 1 is down. A quick 700 miles in right around 12 hours on the road with a few short stops along the way.

On a road we travel all the time, a quick hop over to NM and through the wierdness of Roswell.

Through our getaway spot in Ruidoso and past White Sands, we enter into untraveled (for us) territory.

Into Arizona and to our first pit stop.

About to hit the road after some IHOP waffles!

I know I look pissed in the photo...I'm really not. I have resting pissed face, apparently.

·
Charter Member
1,604 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. Today saw another 360 miles or so for a grand total of around 1060 miles over two days.

We started early, and I was able to chat with Gordon for a few on the phone, though we missed out dropping by his shop. A few (lots) of miles later, we entered California with it's beautiful Palm trees. Although I was now less free, I hardly felt it 😉, though the 109° heat was a bit overly oppressive.

It was a really pretty drive through the pass on the pines to palms highway, a route that kept us out of the traffic.

We finally made it to the cave of the famous Bat. Sorry, Kleiner, I ain't kissing that.

I asked if Miller had any words of response to Jeff K. His answer, with a scowl, was simply "no." A no that said exactly two words. I'll let you guess the words.

We dropped the trailer at Jeff's shop, and tomorrow morning we will unload everything. Tonight we are at the Pechanga, and I'm lucky to have the best copilot along for the ride.

I out-kicked my coverage by a mile.

After picking up the empty trailer tomorrow, the wife and I are to Scottsdale for a few nights before heading back to the Lonestar state on Sunday and back to work on Monday.

Been lots of fun! Can't wait to see this car in color. Ford magnetic grey metallic with BMW titan silver stripes, btw.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We just pulled back in from picking up the boys from the grandparents. Grand total for the trip was just shy of 2200 miles over 4 days and 40 hours of driving.

Don't worry about the miles to empty reading. This model of F250 is inaccurate since they raised the tank capacity but didn't change the computer calculation. I've got another 7 gallons before it drains dry.

I'm thinking I'll be shipping the car back home. I have a quote from Reliable whom Jeff likes, so we'll see if we can coordinate that when the paint is done.

Fun trip, but work comes early in the morning, so it's off to bed! Evening, all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts