Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Plodding Along
2,976 Posts
IF nobody here ponies up with one, check out the really nice version that Aircraft Spruce sells. I'm using one for my build and it's great. It's an accordian style, so you can vary the spacing to get them equally spaced on any panel and vary the number of rivets to accomodate your needs.

·
We know what you're up to
4,700 Posts
Not trying to be funny but wouldn't that be very easy to make?
Technically, you don't need it. But the adjustable tools are very nice for those of us that are a little OCD about spacing and aesthetics. :)

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
I don't remember who posted this idea, but it worked great for me:

Take a roll of painters tape and drill holes in it however far apart you want your rivets.

When you need spacing, just put a piece of that tape on that part and drill away.

·
Senior Charter Member
4,275 Posts
Something that worked even easier for me:

Take a piece of elastic (a few bucks at a local sewing store)

lay it flat on a table and make marks with a sharpie at approx 1" intervals along the length of the elastic. A 4' length should be more than enough.

To use:
stretch along the line you are going to rivet, and align one mark at the first hole, and stretch until one of the other marks aligns with your last hole. hold it in place and mark you panel using the marks as a guide. it self adjusts the spacing as you stretch it.

HTH,

Rick

·
Plodding Along
2,976 Posts
Here's the one that I have from Aircraft Spruce. The beauty of this is that if you have a panel from FFR that already a hole in it, you can use the adjustability to ensure that all the rivets in that line are even, yet align with the ends of the panel. The eye won't be drawn to the slight variance in spacing from panel to panel, but the overall look will be outstanding.

ADJUSTABLE RIVET SPACER from Aircraft Spruce

·
Charter Member
3,740 Posts
Here's the one that I have from Aircraft Spruce. The beauty of this is that if you have a panel from FFR that already a hole in it, you can use the adjustability to ensure that all the rivets in that line are even, yet align with the ends of the panel. The eye won't be drawn to the slight variance in spacing from panel to panel, but the overall look will be outstanding.
Pick up my adjustable rivet spacer tool from Breeze Automotive (forum vendor). Well worth the price.
Will last you a life time of FF builds and work better than the tape or elastic.
Rivet Fan Spacing Tool from Breeze Automotive

The tape idea will work for a while, but the more tape you use the closer the rivet spacing holes will become.
The elastic will wear out and the rivet holes also will be come unequal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.