Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am one of the little guys out here that has been building my FFR a piece at a time and I put a Ad in your Wanted Ads for a Chrome Roll Bar and
a set of Ceramic Side Pipes and had a gentleman
contract me from Chandler ,Az saying he had received a second set of both with his kit and wanted to sell them. I paid 675.00 plus shipping for both and when they arrived both were damaged. The Chrome Roll Bar was used and had been removed with a hammer and the side pipes had been damaged clearly in the poor packaging. I contacted the guy and after several emails he told me that they were fine when he sent them. I contacted UPS and they had a guy come take pictures and refused to tell my anything because the claim would go to the sender(seller). They wanted to return the parts to the seller and I refused. I went back and fore for several weeks with this guy and couldn't even get him to call UPS and finially yesterday he contacts me and tells me the UPS had turned the claim down because of poor packaging and that it was my problem. I guess I figured when I decided on a Cobra that I would be dealing with a better type of people but I assure you I will keep to myself and only purchase new parts from Finish Line and Dealers in the future. I have sold the pipes for a third of the price and and grinded and rechromed the Roll Bar but I still am out over $600. So much for your senior members taking care of us new guys? My advice to new members is buy from Dealers only and BEWARE
of parts being sold on this site.

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
That really sucks man... :mad:

I hope that the other party will come forward and make this deal good.

·
Just Glad to be here - back to working on the car
1,633 Posts
Stan,

I'm really sorry to hear about this bad apple. But if you read the thread about my "second heart attack" you will see what this family is really about.

So don't blame all of the other members of this fine family for one fool.

NAME THE RIP-OFF ARTIST He will be delt with sooner or later.

·
2,203 Posts
Whooaa Stan! Don't go making generalities about this group of over 4,000 because one guy did you wrong! Take a look a little deeper into this site and you will know exactly what a great bunch of people this is!

I hope that this person, whoever he is, decides to come forward and make this right for you.

C'MON MAN...IF THIS WAS REALLY A RIP-OFF MAKE IT RIGHT!!!

·
Charter Member
1,004 Posts
Stan,

That is lame. What comes around goes around, however, and I suspect that your other than honorable supplier will get what is coming to him soon enough.

Care to put the "who" in it? I'd sure like to know. I have, so far, bought lots of stuff from the classified section and have been lucky. I'd like to know whom to avoid.

Personally, I'd never buy from someone who claims to have been shipped extra parts from FFR. Wouldn't it be right to call FFR, tell them of their mistake and have them arrange for UPS to pick up the parts and have them returned?

Just my opinion.

·
Justa Member
1,225 Posts
Stan,
email me his name and address, I live 5 minutes from Chandler. I could go by and talk to him if you would like.

And as stated by others, one bad apple don't spoil the bunch. I have dealt with a number of people here buying and selling parts. One even helped me out with some headers and wouldn't take any money!!!! To this day I have still not met this person face to face (CC).

We ain't all crooks!!!

OJ

·
Charter Member
1,328 Posts
Don't give up on UPS, they're hoping you'll just go away. Keep bugging them. I really dont think the guy intentionally ripped you off, UPS just treats our packages like iron ore..

·
1,743 Posts
Hang in there Stan.
I've spent a ton of money (we all have)with members of the forum. Vendors and individuals alike. I would prefer to deal with the guys here because I trust them. I trust their products, I trust their advice. THIS IS A GOOD GROUP. Most of the time the product has arrived before the seller could have received my money!
If you bothered to post your problem then give the forum a chance to help you with it. Let us know who did this to you if for no other reason to prevent that person from doing it again

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've sold a couple of items and I always feel that the item is still mine until it reaches the other guy's hands "in good shape". I insure it for replacement value rather than what I sold it for, that way if it gets torn up we get a new one for him. I think it's time for this guy to step up to the plate and make good on what he sold. It's just the ethical thing to do.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,266 Posts
Stan,

What happened to you, if communicated accurately in your post, is not only not right, it is a shame. Having said that, I find your generalizations towards the "people" on this forum offensive, downright insulting, and way out of line.

Specifically you stated,

Quote: "I guess I figured when I decided on a Cobra that I would be dealing with a better type of people"

and

Quote: "So much for your senior members taking care of us new guys?"

and lastly,

Quote: "BEWARE of parts being sold on this site."

You lost all my sympathy through these comments. In fact, if the language you used in this post is an indication of how you dealt with this un-named forum member it does start to bring in to question what "the rest of the story is" in this situation.

As a rule I do not get involved in OT posts but in this case I could not stand by and see someone insult the members of this forum in this way. I have seen far more parts literally given away than I have seen rip offs over the few years I have followed this forum. And when there have been people that have been ripped off I have seen amazing support to rectify these "situations" not unlike OJ and Mike's offer above.

[ February 21, 2004, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Matt Kennedy ]

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Stan, you shouldn't have started this thread unless you intended to identify the "culprit". It's not fair to create a situation that basically makes everyone suspicious and somewhat embarassed.

Furthermore, the statement you made that Matt quoted seems to me like you think this is some kind of adult day care forum. We're all big boys here and we do look out for each other, but your blanket indictment of all of us has lost you my sympathy.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,899 Posts
Stan, sorry to hrear about your problems. I've bought and sold several parts from forum members. All good with no bad parts. Did the seller send you pictures of the items you purchased? Please don't let one bad apple spoil this for you. There are good deals and honest people here who sell them. You SHOULD list the sellers name here and if is a stand up guy he should do something to help. If not it sounds like a few of the forums finest will pay him a visit for you. :cool: I also am building my cobra one step at a time so I feel your pain. I look for sellers that are long standing forum members and I've had good results. G.

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
Stan - Guys, I have had this on my mind a lot through the night and I finally figured out what was sticking in my throat so badly. Re-read this part of Stan's message:
I put a Ad in your Wanted Ads for a Chrome Roll Bar and a set of Ceramic Side Pipes and had a gentleman contract me from Chandler ,Az saying he had received a second set of both with his kit and wanted to sell them.
Could this possibly mean that this seller may have benefitted from a mistake at FFR wherein they accidently shipped him an extra Chrome rollbar and Ceramic coated side pipes? :eek:
If so, this person may have stolen not twice, but 4 times! :rolleyes:

This would be a sad testimonial for one of our members. :(

Stan - If this was the case and if you knew or perceived this to be the case before you sent the money, you willingly entered into an agreement with a thief to purchase stolen property. Not cool at all..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It seems as if I have upset many members of the club by my post and I probably shouldn't have insulted the group as a whole. One gentleman even said I knew I was buying stolen items and he was probably right but I was like a child and didn't think. The gentleman I purchased the items from was (Tim Schartz of Chandler ,Az)and I blame UPS as much as him because they refuse to except the
receiver as anything but that since the sller pays them. I just put a honest Post looking for parts and I am out the money. I will live with that but in the future i will still only deal with Dealers that I can return the parts too. I am sorry to insult the members of the club but 2 out of 2 are bad odds.

Respectfully
stan Goggans
San Antonio,Texas

·
Senior Charter Member
190 Posts
Stan:

I cannot think of a single example, in my experience, in which one of our customers did not return any "extra" parts sent to them in error.

We, at Factory Five, enjoy the luxury of dealing with the best, most honest, and loyal clientele on the planet.

The fact that someone was selling, for profit, some "extra" parts that we accidentally supplied them should have been a clue as to their true character.

'Sorry for you loss, and look forward to the opportunity to do business directly with you next time.

Steve Dutton
Factory Five Racing

·
Charter Member
1,050 Posts
I find it hard to believe that FFR sent two set of pipes and extra roll bar by accident.More likely they sent him damaged parts and told him to keep them and then they replaced them with new ones.(perhaps he is the one that damaged them first and then complained to FFR)To pawn off damaged goods no matter what the senario is in poor form.I would also add that I have recieved a hundred dollar oil cooler shroud from a member(Ralph Button) for free as it did not fit his car,and I have never met him. chuck

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Stan,
We ship fiberglass, aluminum panels, hardtops, and tons of parts daily, UPS, FedX, CONWAY Central and so on. IT IS THE SHIPPING "FROM" PERSON's RESPONSIBILITY to package against damage of a shipped item, not the recveiver.
It is also both parties on the instructions on how to ship, insurance, and that packing. If the reveiver does not want to insure for the proper amount, does not want to pay for proper packing, or the correct Shipping Code to insure the shipping lines handling capablilities for that class then it falls back to the receiver.
I understand most on the forum are not involved with shipping but beware TWO ARE INVOLVED in the decision, not just the shipper.
I contacted my contact at UPS (A GREAT COMPANY) and he later returned my call and said it was improperly boxed, light on insurance, and had wrong label relative to the type of handling required.
Good luck on these dock handlers being careful with your treasures, most og the time they have no idea what they are slinging around on the cold docks at 4:22AM and with no hot coffee.
grumpy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.