Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a person who was following me say that I had a nice ride but he noticed that I had a wobble in the right rear. I also noticed that last time I cornererd hard under power that it seemed to swing under the car. I looked under no loose or missing bolts. Lugs nuts tight. Any Ideas what I should check Thanks

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
could be a bent axle...but before we start the guess work...tell us about your rear suspension
4 link, 3link, 5 link IRS etc

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the basic 4 link mustang set up Used the original upper and lower arms off Donor car. this is my second summer on the car and I didn't notice the problem last Year.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
sounds like a bent axle. was your doner hit in the rear? you can check it by putting the car on jackstands and have someone run while you watch the wheels rotate. if you have to replace the axle you might as well do the rear end clutch pack at the same time.....mike

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
Seems simple enough, but is the wheel sitting flush against the axle face and are all your lug nuts right ?

-SB

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I had a bent RR axel and the wheel wobbled.
The hardened bearing surface on the axel was also failing.
Replaced both axels.

jack

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Could be as simple as a bent rim,out of round tire or bent axle. Jack up rear and spin the wheel. Next take off wheel and do the same. This will tell if its the axle or wheel. Find its the wheel take it to a tire shop so they can check the rim and tire for being bent or belt broken in tire causing out of round. Unless you hit something to damage rim or axle and since this is a new problem its most likely tire bad.

·
Charter Member
1,083 Posts
Control arm bushings would be a good guess and you can usually feel the car yaw when you come on and off power. This will also cause the axle bearings to wear. I don't know quite how to check for bent axle without pulling it out, but it would also cause the bearing to fail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.