Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my ride height settled almost an inch after body on and driving about 500 miles on car. In front I am 3.5" and rear 3.75": looks fine, never had any tire rub, never scraped on bottom, so what to do, Leave it alone or raise 1/2"??? why raise?? also how much will this affect alignment that I just had done at shop???

tires 245/17 and 275/17

·
Super Moderator
29,396 Posts
Leave it

·
Not a waxer
11,883 Posts
I run 3 1/2 ish in front and about 4" in the rear. If it was higher when you had it aligned camber will now be more negative and toe in will have become less, or possibly crossed over zero to toe-out, which can make it darty.

Jeff

·
8,184 Posts
Larry I have run my ride heights the same as yours for years with no issues. It might have slightly increased your negative camber and toe but by a very small amount.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,307 Posts
Leave it there but check the front toein. You will probably have more negative camber but that's OK. OTOH, toein being off will definately affect the way the car feels and will wear tires even more than camber.

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car alignment is perfect at this ride height, just had it done on computer, so I guess I;ll leave it, it drives great, can't wait to get it on the track...... hopefully limerock soon, if I can get it under 84 decibels.......under car exhaust + resonators and who know what else>>>

·
Supporting Vendor & Admin
8,396 Posts
My car alignment is perfect at this ride height, just had it done on computer, so I guess I;ll leave it, it drives great, can't wait to get it on the track...... hopefully limerock soon, if I can get it under 84 decibels.......under car exhaust + resonators and who know what else>>>
Turbo with long muffler sidepipes will get you there.

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not a typo,plan on a scda track day, these are during the wk and limerock keeps it real quiet for the neighbors, I may put some glass pack between tail pipe and resonator tips and see if it stays there. I have Undercar exhaust....

·
Registered
219 Posts
I used to run a Porsche at Lime Rock, I had a coil that caused the tack to run at twice normal speed. When they asked me to rev to 6000 I was only doing 3000 RPM. Confused them big time but I passed.
jack

·
Snake Farmer
10,315 Posts
Only 3-1/2" of clearance? Man that seems low to the ground..better watch out for road debris..:w00t:

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many guys run 4" in front, not a big diff between 3.5 or 4??? Road debris is going to suck either way...

·
Premium Member
11,972 Posts
84db? So you aren't allowed to talk loudly either? :)

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
That's about where mine is. Looks good doesn't it?
Keep it.

·
Registered
11,828 Posts

3.75 front 4.00 rear, never bottomed out. 1/2" or so isn't going to make a difference if you should encounter someting in the road such as roadkill, cardboard box, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks again guys thats what I thought, I will bring the rear up a little b/c driveshaft is just scraping the top of hoop when bottoms out.....

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
does it really hit the the hoop? if it's a MKiii it may actually be hitting the tab for the e-brake cables - the tab with the two holes where it goes from cable to sheathed cable.

i hit mine about once a year when i am going to fast over a hill/bump/dip in the road. it scrapes away a thin line of paint in my driveshaft and then i touch it up.

the tab underneath is bent significantly.

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes just grazes top rear of hoop, my tranny and motor are raised up on some washers b/c of exhaust clearance so i don't have much room on top,, I just raised rear 1/4 and will see if this does the trick, don't want to cut my ds in half...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts