Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the book says different ride heights for different tires.

i have them new fangled Bullett wheels.

FRONT: 17"x9" with 275/40 R17
REAR: 17"x10.5" with 315/35 R17

standard front fox lower control arms, solid rear axle. what are the correct ride heights?

...and does the ride height really shrink 3/4" after 50 miles?

·
3,211 Posts
I have 17x9 Bullits all around, 3 link rear and tubular fronts. Used 5" for the rear and 4.75" for the front. And yes, my ride height changed pretty quickly after I started driving. Have had to adjust it a few times now.

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after the first drive, does the ride height change because scores of beautiful women start jumping in the passenger seat?

·
3,211 Posts
You really want me to answer that with my wife in the same house :D . I very quickly learned that its a smart idea to re-adjust the passenger belts after someone else gets a ride. Avoids the questions!

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Three words Nice Guy Eddie: N.F.C. ;)

You gotta focus on the flat tummied, hard bodied Yummy Burgers (aka To-Legged Longedity Beasts), that way your springs will maintain their bounce and you an retain your head held high.

And the answer is 4.5 to 4.75...ride height that is.

And Shep, you're a bad man...(and thanks for the tip on the shoulder harnesses!)

Here's to proper height and properly adjusted shoulder harnesses

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
guys:

i drink guiness 4 pints at a time on a given weekend, never drunk, am 35 years old, and still have a six-pack and weigh 150.

but then, i work out 4 days a week, one for each guiness.

thanks for all the help. i'll just set it at 5" or so all around and re-adjust later

looking for a go-cart in 6 weeks or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts