Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got Mr Oben's tranny mounted e-brake and getting the Bezel from Mike.......who's got a boot to fit? Neither one show a boot on their sites.

·
Charter Member
240 Posts
I used the boot and bezel from Finishline for Oben's e-brake setup. I believe it's in the brake accessories section.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,397 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
746 Posts
Does the FFR boot work on the Lokar handle?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Originally posted by David Hodgkins:
Richard Oben told me to trim and glue it and it would work.
I got instructions yesterday from Richard for install of the Lokar handle and boot. David has it right.

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AHHHHH, David so your using that huge boot that FFR provides in the kit? You simply trim it to fit? Sounds like a plan. I may go with the Summit one when I do my final interior this fall.

·
Junior Charter Member
478 Posts
I went with the Replicaparts bezel and while it's a nice enough piece, for the same price you can get the Summit bezel and a boot, to boot! Less messing around modifying a boot and possibly better results in the end as the FFR boot is compromised in being setup for the side-mounted e-brake handle location, not trans tunnel top. If I get the Lockar boot in the end I'll post pics for comparison.

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
The problem is the Summit/Lokar boot is not tall enough to clear the handle angle required for the FFR kit.

By the way, Holy thread resurrection! Really 07 wow what were you searching for? R

·
Official OLD GUY
3,875 Posts
I am not affiliated

with either of these two vendors but:

American Shifter has some nice stuff

and

BMWFX has a nice collection of "custom" boots.

I just completed the "Fiero Mod" on my MKII and got my stuff from the first one listed above.

Doc :beerchug:

This post might be a bit toooo late to help the OP . . .

·
Just Pluggin Along
1,175 Posts
Not discounting what you said Richard, but I used the Lokar boot on the trans tunnel mount of your kit with no issues.

The problem is the Summit/Lokar boot is not tall enough to clear the handle angle required for the FFR kit.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Perfect timing to bring it back, I was just logging on to try and buy one at lunch!! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
I bought 2 boots, one on-name from Summit, the other from Lokar.
I haven't permanently mounted them, but I am concerned that they are too short. Doesn't seem like enough material was left to tuck under the tranny cover / bezel.
I don't want to say it won't work yet, let's just say I am skeptical until final install. It's going to be close.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I bought 2 boots, one on-name from Summit, the other from Lokar.
I haven't permanently mounted them, but I am concerned that they are too short. Doesn't seem like enough material was left to tuck under the tranny cover / bezel.
I don't want to say it won't work yet, let's just say I am skeptical until final install. It's going to be close.
I put the Lokar one on yesterday and it fits really nicely, though it needs a little trimming at the stitches on the front and back. If it's still in the wrap, you'll see as soon as you open the package that there's a lot of material tucked inside. The easiest way I found to put it on and make sure everything lined up was by getting some masking tape and taping the boot to the ring while I drilled the aluminum. Worked like a charm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.