Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK as of yet I haven't found a [email protected] donor. I found a '88 wreck last night in my town and the guy tells me he don't know if he wants to sell it. He was thinking about parting it out. I told him I'd gladly give him back what I didn't use and I Have CA$H! "Well, I Don't Know Mans, let me gets back to you". OK Pal, call me when you make your mind up.

I checked www.copart.com they have locations in the Southeast but the jerks want $50.00 for one month as a guest.

Anyone know of a donor (5.0 w/5 speed) located between Atlanta and Charlotte? I have 50 frogs for you if I buy it!

Thanks,

Mike
FFR 2335

·
7,097 Posts
Mike,
Have you checked over at corral.net?

·
3,217 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Mike,
If you find two, let me know. My neighbor has been scouring the papers for a couple of weeks trying to find a donor. I guess that here in the south, these cars don't rust out as quickly and therefore are driven longer.

Cheers
Jim

·
Senior Charter Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, here's one in Jersey!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1863620490

As much time as I've spent on ebay I've never found the "Junk" listings.

I've considerd causing a wreck?

I know the sucker is hiding somewhere!

I think we need a donor list. If you're looking and in California and you find one in NC, post it! I've found several across the country that looked OK but I ain't ready to drive to Jersey for one yet. ;) Key word, "Yet"!

You got it Jim! We ain't too far apart. Look in the cheapest or free add papers. I found two last time in the same Darn paper, an '87 5.0 for $700.00 and an '89 that was listed for $1,200.00. I gave the guy 9 bills and he delivered it!

Thanks,

Mike
FFR 2335 and 3XXX

[ September 25, 2002, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Mcathcart ]

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
Mike,
If you have a friend that is a dealer or know someone that is:
I found this on the Auto Insurance Website, this particular vehicle is a 92 LX for parts only, has 63,000 miles (looks like it), and it is in Fredericksburg, VA.
you could get it for cheap since these auctions are only for dealers:

Live auction is going to take place at:
9/30/2002 10:30 AM ET,
Let me know if interested and I'll email you the rest of the info.

HTH

[ September 25, 2002, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: FFCars4Me ]

·
The Traveler
3,105 Posts
here are some places that may have a donor for you!

Diamond Automotive, Salisbury, 704 633 1557
Gary Steward Salvage, Statesville, 704 872 0491
Hightower Used Auto Parts, Morganton, NC
Ricky Byrd, Independence VA. 540773
Eds garage, winston/salem 336 764 3605
Keatons Automotive Winston/Salem 336 775 0777
Jims Tbirds 336 784 9363
McMillian Automotive, Martinsville va 540 650 3081

And NO you can't have my wife's new Mustang GT for a Donor!! ;)

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,067 Posts
Mike,
Find one of those small used car lots and talk to the owner. Tell him what you want (make, modle, condition, and price range) and chances are he'll watch the auctions for them. He has a quick guarenteed sale and you end up with a donor.

Greg

·
Senior Charter Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sergio,

Man, that one looks good to me. I actually think it looks funny. Hey, gotta look out for those telephone poles! :D

I'm still thinking (and looking) the 30th ain't far off.

Al, are you saying the guy in Martinsville has one? You've been talking to Earl too much. (I need to send you an update on SOS! WoooWeeee.... I might have a sellable shot or two. Photography is like a 5th hobby for me.

Mike
FFR 2335

[ September 25, 2002, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Mcathcart ]

·
3,645 Posts
I have access to three salvage auctions. alot of 95-2000 lately but no 87-93's. And I have a line on two "drivers" this month as well. I am also thinking of stripping a couple and selling as donor pallets for around 2500-3000 delivered in the midwest. let me know who would be interested in what...

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Description — $3,500, FORD MUSTANG LX '90 5.0, Auto, Hatchback, 103K, Very Good, $3500. 864-281-2310 or 457-2294 After 6pm ...
GET MORE DETAILS

Listing Date: September 20, 2002
Listing Source: Greenville News

I just did a search on www.cars.com and came up with this little number in your area. Yes it's an auto, but you can source out the pedal and T5.

cars.com is a great place to search for autos. They pull classified ads from newspapers. Plug in your zip code, radius desired, and go. I only did a search within 100 miles of your zip. If you don't mind driving, expand the search.

Good luck.

·
Charter Member
80 Posts
Mike, there is a guy in Powdersville that has a Mustang junk yard, he may have something you can use. I will e-mail you his number as soon as I can find it. Also there is a Mustang drag race / car show at the Atlanta Dragway in Commerce GA. this weekend, maybe some leads there.
Tom
ffr2385 for sale

·
Registered
13 Posts
Go to stangparts.com, they have all used parts and a few whole cars that could be used for donors. I believe they are located in GA. Hope this helps

Paul

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey Mike, try Jerry Mason in Spartanburg, I got my donor from him. He is semi familiar w/ what is needed to build a FFR, he built an Everett-Morrison a couple of years ago. His number is 864-585-4491. He is the owner of Mason's Hot Rods.

Any questions, email me at [email protected].

Good luck, Daniel :D

·
10,171 Posts
eric has a 86 with a 90 motor but with the old style wiring harness.. (86) he said it was a good car that you can crank and drive for 1500 buck-o's

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.