Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FFCobra Owner
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys! I have been running my car now, since DEc. I have noticed that when I get on it...it seems to crap out later in the run in each gear......yes, I know, the rev limiter. But, I noticed, and was told....the car will hit the rev limiter much faster than the tach shows! jUst curious........you guys experience that too? Also, what do you guys run as a limiter? I think i have 6250/1000
i have a 427w, 550 hp and torq.
thanks.........fred z

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
FFCobra Owner
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
farther up the rpm scale.......and no, not sure if the crap is cause of wrong spark.......going to try and have my guy figure it out....but have hard this before on the mis align of rpms and tack! just curious.......if anyone knows of this.
fred.z

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Your tach may have a slow response time. Test the rev limiter by increasing rpm slowly on an open road or in neutral.

Mike

·
FFCobra Owner
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will do......plus...what is a good rev limit, in your opinions? I think 6250 might be abit too low.....
fred z

·
FFCobra Owner
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
new info.....appreciate help!
I noticed that the revs get to 4k..and then start crapping.....which tells me the rev limiter is not being reached....and I know this car..it is not running 'crisp' like it was...so.could it be the spark plugs? I had auto lites.......then when we had running issues before..we changed plugs to NGKs.....after that we realized the plug wires were the issue..they had been rubbing against the pipes....so we replace them with Magnacore, Hi performance...but never changed the plugs back.
I don't think it is anything big....but crapping out at 4k. and just not right on the running.....seems something needs changing. I have Chris's Mass Flo system, and so no carb , may help in the answer.
thanks.........fred
ps .Lang gets back tomorrow.....but any help is appreciated.
:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts