Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still wrestling with the fan...can't seem to work this one out...this is what I have done...
I have relay #87 to the pos.fan
I have neg fan to ground
I have relay #30 to fuse 10
I have relay #86 to ground
I have relay #85 to one side of an adjustable thermostat.
I have the other side of the adjustable theromostat to fuse 6.
What , if anything have I done?
How can I put an ohm meter in the circuits to check...I don't want to put power to the sysem, as my EEC is installed , and don't want to fry anything. :eek:

·
Moderator Ad Nauseum
18,585 Posts
Mr.
I think that should work. Contacts 85 and 86 control the coil side of the FFR relay. In your circuit you're turning on the relay with an adjustable thermostat instead of a toggle switch. Contacts 30 and 87 on the FFR relay are for the power out to the fan.
What size fuse in #10? A 20a should do it. I wouldn't go higher and a smaller might pop at fan start up.
I'd also recommend you put a fuse in the coil side of the relay. I'd think it should go before the thermostat if you want to protect the thermostat as well as the relay and it should be 5a.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Donald...I think I may use a 10 amp...as I don't know if anything else will be drawing from that circuit.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,595 Posts
Mr. Barry, I struggled with the Imperial Adjustable Thermostat, Relay and Fuse last week. I've sent you an e-mail, attaching a copy of my layout. Maybe it will help in tracing your issues.
Good Luck.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
Still wrestling with the fan...can't seem to work this one out
Sounds like you worked it out just fine. One suggestion: unless you have something else on the same fuse, I would change fuse #6 to a 5 amp fuse, instead of the 20 amp one in the donor.

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone....I did get most of the electrics working today( Hooray!)...
However...am now struggling with the FFR light switch ....there is no provision for the ground wire , and FFR had no real ideas...???
They sell the switch , but don't know how to hook it up...
I'm waiting for them to respond to my call today...hopefully will hear back....any ideas on this switch? i.e. where to attach the donor ground wires from the connector.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
There is one BK wire on the donor headlight switch. It is ground for the light that illuminates the switch. The LB/R wire is power for the same bulb. There's another wire that is BK/O. That is power in for the headlights.

[ February 05, 2003, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: PAB ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts