Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm in Metro-Atlanta. I am looking for a builder. Years ago I built a Shell Valley Cobra roadster with a hardtop. At that time, FFR was on their third prototype. I recently sold it. It had a kevlar body, 400 SBC w/ Dart block, AFR 220 Heads, Edelbrock EFI, Lunati hydraulic roller cam, forged pistons, zero gap rings, 11.3 CR, anti-friction coatings everywhere, 535hp, T350, 10" converter, 2.75 gear, Detroit True Track, Aldan coil overs, Mustang II front, 9" Ford triangulated 4 link rear, power steering, Afco 1.5 steering quickener, '87 Vette rotors and calipers, 240SX master and booster, PSE 15" Halibrand style staggered wheels, Goodyear billboards, etc. It ran 11 teens @ 130 in the quarter in second gear and got 30+ mpg on the highway between central IL and the Vintage Races at Elkhart Lake WI. If you have never been to vintage car races somewhere, put that on your bucket list.

I would like a MK III 65 Coupe with an LS3 automatic "connect and cruise", or a Coyote and 6R80 from a '15 or newer Mustang. It will be a cruiser for my wife and I to drive frequently. It will see an occasional track day and autocross. It may not win any events, but it should look and sound like it could. It should have full street equipment, heater, AC, defrosters, wipers, comfortable seats, lots of sound deadening, all glass windows, quiet, smooth ride, '15 IRS, 3.73 Torsen, 17" staggered Halibrands, paddle shifter, and HPC coated exhaust. I haven't finished the specs yet...

PS. Those of you that want to run 15" wheels, the C4 Vette had the largest brakes you could put in a 15" wheel. The calipers will peel off tape weights. GM engineeers did not know if Goodyear would have the new 16" tires available by announcement date, so they had a backup plan. '87 was the last year for parking brakes in the rear caliper. Mine were from ECI, Engineered Components, Inc. All you need is to re-drill the rotors and cut out an adapter from plate steel 1/4 inch thick or so. Also, Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R Radials in 26x12R15 (rear) and 26x10R15 (front) are practically the same height and width (they are really 26.4 inches tall) as the original Goodyear sports car tires in 26.5/10/15 and 26.5/8/15. They ride well, look good, give great traction and mileage, and won't break the bank. All they need is white letters.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts