Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not fun at all...

American Collecters - 2500 miles year restriction

Condon & Skelly - Don't qualify. No member of household can have *any* at fault accident within past 3 years. My wife had minor at fault accident 2 years ago. Also premium with 7500 miles/year mileage restriction was $732/yr.

K&K - Don't qualify. Every licensed driver in household must have a registered/insured car. My daughter (16) just got her license but no car yet. Otherwise this would have been the best offering at $382 no mileage restrictions.

Haggerty - No more AC Cobra Replicas

Grundy - No more AC Cobra Replicas

Parish - 3000 miles/year mileage restriction with $700 annual premium.

Heacock - referred to Parish (part of same company)

The Gorsline Company - Don't write AC Cobra Replcias - Referred to Parish

Leland West Ins. Brokers - No Replicas - referred to Parish

State Farm - 7500 miles/year mileage restriction - 620 if value estimated at $30000.00. Claims would be subject to appraised value.

Nationwide Insurance (my regular agent) is trying to figure out how they might handle this. Not sure yet.

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: Matt Kennedy ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
381 Posts
I know the answer to this one. Buy your daughter a $100.00 junk pile and insure it. All it has to do is have a title and a vin. For the money you would be saving over the other companies, I would do it.

Chad

·
7,916 Posts
Mine is insured through my local agent for $609.00 per year with a 5000 mile cap per year. Since my car has less than 3000 mile in four years it wasnt a problem.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
738 Posts
Matt,
I dont know what state farm agent you talked to, but I have mine insured through them, with full coverage and NO mileage restrictions for $402. Insured as a '99 kit and a '93 chassis. I have an agreed upon value of $30,000. Make sure whomever insures your car that you get the AGREED UPON policy. This way they dont have a way to depreciate your car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
First, Don't waste time on the small specialty insurance boys, they are all hustlers. State Farm has a "declared or agreed value" price for your cobra replica. It is regionally adjusted, but not by much.
My State Farm guy came out/ took pics and wrote the policy for whatever I declared ($28,000).
Slipp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts