Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of replacing the fuse block for my 93 donor wiring harness mainly to clean it up a bit. Was thinking of using something like this but with 12 fuses. Anyone have any experience with doing this? Thanks!
Joe

Product Technology Electronic device

·
Junior Charter Member
1,146 Posts
Consider, replacing the fuse box means new fuses, but 10+ year old wiring. Really no improvement.

Anyway, moving up to a circuit breaker box marine style, or at least to circuit breakers in the stock box you have might help. But, if it simply an aesthetic issue, then there are a lot of other choices, up to and including ISIS and military grade tinned stranded wire.

Electrically, as long as the box connections are crimped directly to the wiring without splices and butt connectors, it should be better. The less breaks in the wiring, the less voltage drop or loss of conductivity.

·
Senior Charter Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. The donor block is actually in good shape, however, there are a few circuits not being used with short wires coming off the terminals. One of the reasons I was thinking about replacing the fuse block was to eliminate unnecessary splicing for the circuits that I want to add. Has anyone had any experience replacing the wires at the terminals?
Thanks
Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.