Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
You can take the rollbar out of the car in about 5 minutes. It's only held in place by a single bolt at each leg.

You'd have to make some type of cover to fill in the holes in the body. That would probably be the hard part.

·
Junior Charter Member
222 Posts
Where did 4373 get his? Did anyone ask him? I also agree that it makes the car look sweet.

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
25,974 Posts
Hey everybody. My ears were burning! I made 4373's full chrome rollbar easily removeable without tools by attaching the legs to the frame with quick release pins from Moroso. They are approved for race car roll cage doors. To cover the holes, I made some spring hinges that pop up from inside the trunk to support 1/8" polished aluminum cover plate that fit inside the bezels. The plates are held on with velcro to the spring hinge supports. The spring hinges fold out of the way when the rollbar goes on. I did not connect the rear legs to the main bar with a bolt but I may later. It fits very securely now but it could come apart in a roll over I suppose.

I have pics of the process near the end of the buildsite. See sig line.

Greg

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
25,974 Posts
Hinges are from Mcmastercarr:

15205A35
Lightweight Surface-Mount Spring Hinge, Self-Closing, Steel, W/O Holes, 1-3/4" Leaf Height
4 each

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts