Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
You need to remove the fitting from the Explorer block. The Canton adapter should have a large bolt that threads into the block where the fitting was.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,168 Posts
The Mustang has a threaded tube [threads on the outside] where the fitting is shown in Russ's picture of the Explorer block oil filter mount area. A standard spin-on filter would just thread over the tube on a Mustang. I'm not sure that fitting is standard issue on the Explorer.
The Canton has a large hex head on one side and inside threads on the the other end of the hex "bolt". You can see the inside threads in Russ's second picture. These inside threads are screwed onto the outside threads of the threaded tube that would normally be on the block-side filter mount area. That threaded tube should be a permanent fixture on the block side. If you install one, make sure you use red thread locker to make it permanent.

The filter area on the block should look something like this [not exactly, since this is a Miata block I had sitting out in the garage]. Notice the threaded tube in the middle of the filter mounting area. You need that to mount the Canton relocator adaptor.

Pete

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Russ,
I sell the threaded insert for the block so the Canton adapter will bolt right on. It sells for $8.00 as I recall.
Mike Forte

1 - 5 of 5 Posts