Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this problem has been addressed before I'am sorry. I am using a FFR remote oil filter adapter on a 1986 Mustang 302 block. The first time I had a leakage problem was when I changed the oil lines to ones with AN fittings. I over tightened one of the lines going to the block adapter and cracked the adapter. It was during the show season about three years ago. I decided that I did not want to wait for one from FFR., so I bought one with two ports from Summit and did not hook up the oil temperature. This one did not leak at all. Early in 2019 I decided to put an oil thermostat on the oil cooler. While I was doing this I installed new block adapter from FFR in order to have a working oil temperature gauge. Everything was fine for about six months and then it started leaking in the adapter area. I can not tell what piece is leaking. With all this free time right now I decided to check it out. I took the adapter off to inspect it, cannot find any cracks anywhere and the o-ring appears undamaged. I checked for cracks by screwing a spare fitting in the ports to see if they would pull apart. Any ideas from anyone or does any know of a better adapter with three to four ports?

Thanks, Leefus

·
3,582 Posts
I never had a problem with the FFR supplied setup, however I just replaced it with the Ford 90 degree adapter which has proven to be less problematic for many. Just keep it simple. Keep in mind that if you’re using the FFR 4-4 headers, you can put the filter right on the block without interference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never had a problem with the FFR supplied setup, however I just replaced it with the Ford 90 degree adapter which has proven to be less problematic for many. Just keep it simple. Keep in mind that if you’re using the FFR 4-4 headers, you can put the filter right on the block without interference.
Can you give me some more information about the ford adapter, mainly from who you bought it from? Thank, Leefuss.

·
Premium Member
17,867 Posts
The cast aluminum parts supplied by FFR are not very good. Over time and temperature changes, the dimensions change. Holes are not round anymore, and flat surfaces are not flat. That's why they leak.

You made the smart move and converted to AN hose and hose ends. Now change the cast alum for billit alum. More expensive, but they'll last forever.

·
Charter Member
253 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts