Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Which booster?

I am struggling with a similar issue. I am running a Fox booster with a 94 Cobra MC. I have a Villager remote reservoir system but when it's installed, it looks like the outlet on the reservoir is lower than the input nipples. Being the system is gravity fed, that's not going to work. So, until I come up with something different (mc manifold, other reservoirs, etc.) I am staying with the Cobra reservoir.

Cheers,

Rick

·
Premium Member
4,627 Posts
I dont think it matters about being gravity feed,look at this pic (Bill_VA_'s car)
http://www.*******.com/4bill/100_1193.jpg

·
Junior Charter Member
1,524 Posts
I purchased a Wilwood single port remote reservoir MC. Had it all installed and the system bled. I just replaced it with a 94 Cobra MC. I did this for a few reasons; I was worried about the single port, I was unhappy with the placement of the reservoir, I felt that the tube was an extra point of failure, and finally I saw plenty of cars at the open house with reservoirs mounted on the MCs with boosters and there was enough room to snake a tube into them with the body on to add fluid.

I am going to be listing the MC, remote reservoirs, and the Whitby adapter in the classifieds soon.

Todd

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you make your front splash panels removable access to the reservior is real easy. I highly recommend making these panels removable.

geno

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Skunk,I'm useing a 90 m/c and booster. Even without a remote you still have room to add fluid by useing a turkey baster or small funnel and hose. Keep in mind you rarely will need to add fluid once brakes are bleed,other then when doing pad changes. I also have but not yet installed villager remote resevior. There is enough room on the 3/4" rail so it will gravity feed the m/c once bolted there.

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Im running to the yard to pull off a quest MC with remote reservoir today. there are several villager MCs with remote reservoirs as well on the lot. I'll try to pull off a couple of extras and post back later.

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
I have the cobra MC and villager res...I didn't like the way the hoses would install, so opted for the OEM res...great idea on the splash panel Geno

·
1,913 Posts
I used a fox booster, '93 Cobra MC and the Quest/Villager reservoir, and I had to shim the top booster bolts to bring down the forward end of the MC for the same issue that Skunkman observed. I believe that if you don't have a straight downward shot to the input barbs on the MC from the reservoir that you greatly increase the chance of not bleeding all the air out of the feed lines (that was sure the case with my build!).

$0.02,
timm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts