Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Converting from my 97 GT sliding starter switch to the FFR ign switch. Becomes clear that I will have to isolate the multiple circuits (4 to 6) with relays....
So shopping for multi purpose 40A relays... 4 pins or 5 pins...

Prices vary from about 2$ to 23$ for what appear to be same specs... Huge 4-1 price variations when buying 10 or more...

Does any of this makes sense? Are there huge quality variations, origin of manufacturing that explain this? Retail vs on-line vs direct from manufacturer?

Any electronics experts out there? Brands to avoid or favour?

In the end the net price won't make much a difference on my build but I'd like to pay the correct price for correct quality... And avoid fires :eek:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Great question Wormie. I’m curious to see what the experts say too….

I’m using a bunch of 4-5 pin 40A Bosch/Tyco relays I purchased from Waytek for about $6 each to protect the Lucas switches I’m using. All I can say at this point is that they work well on the bench and the mount brackets allow them to package nicely… Waytek also has barbed the terminals and connector bodies you may want for added reliability.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
4,199 Posts
Not sure I understand what you mean: you merged all the 40 A yellow wires together in one big Amp independant switch and the key is only for the START circuit?
Yes. Bear in mind the red key on the switch is also removable and will stay on my key ring

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.