Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Relay ? My427SC Schematic ?

513 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  nc1mike 
#1 ·
On John's site it gives the Bosch P/N and it's a 5 pin relay. On his schematic it only shows 4 pins? 30, 85, 86 and 87. The Bosch relay has an 87a. Can I use a Hella relay with 30, 85,86 and 87? I'm a bit confused here?

#2 ·
Hi Dog,

I ordered Bosch 50 amp relays from Waytek Wiring, (8 quan.). I think they were about 4 bucks each. They have 5 spade connectors, but all are not always used. Really depends on your application. I also got the female 5 pin connectors and the female terminals to connect them from www.mouser.com. I think if your get relays that have a high enough amperage rating for your circuits and they are "Bosch type" you are OK. After a little looking around online you'll start to see which ones are all the same.

Chris.

Chris.

#4 ·
Can I use a Hella relay with 30, 85,86 and 87
Probably. It depends on what you are trying to make the relay do and how many amps it can handle. The 4-pin relay connects pin 30 to pin 87 when the relay coil is energized. The 5-pin relay does the same thing, but it also connects pins 30 to pin 87A when the relay coil is not energized. On the 4-pin relay pin 30 doesn't connect to anything when the coil is de-energized.

#5 ·
The bottom of a bosch type 12v relay there are numbers
#30 = big power wire 12v constant
#85 = ground
#86 = 12v switched connects dash switch
#87 = output or controlled device
#87a= 12v with relay off

There are some relays with dual #87's, these are dual outputs for left and right etc.

There are some relays with a single #87 switched output.

The relay with the #87-#87a are used like low and high etc. The limit is only your imagination and skill.
You don't need to use an output or lug if it does not fit your application.

Michael S.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.