Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a specc racer that I would like to get titled. I dont want to spend the money for the windshield that I would never use. Does anyone know if the windshield is a must have to get it titled? except for the windshield it is street legal: lights, turn signals, horn, belts, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
In Georgia , you can title as a 1965 Replica kit car or hobby vehicle...you will get the "antique" tag , but it does not limit your ability to drive anytime....
You get the form online at the State of Ga Department of Motor Vehicles web site....
I think the form number is MV-1 (but can't be certain).
If you register as a '65 replica , no state inspection is required (The Ga rules allow a replica to be treated like the original '65).

·
Senior Charter Member
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr Barry

so its my understanding that if no inspection is needed all I have to do is take the FFR paper, proof of insurance and get it titled?

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Barry,
That actually is not true as far as my understanding goes. Kit/replica cars in GA are supposed to be titled as the year of the chassis. Now that doesn't mean that some of us don't get lucky though. I would just be careful with which forms are used, etc. having gone through this process this week.

[ October 11, 2004, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: Just_Bitten ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts