Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Junior Charter Member
1,369 Posts
Just went through it last fall. I live on the north side of Denver, so used the Longmont clerk's office. Not too bad, but I had to train the person I was dealing with.

As indicated by Bob, first get the instruction packet from the state with required forms. Trailered car to State Patrol office in Broomfield to have the car inspected .

I know that this thread is a couple months old now....but wanted to update . I just built (and sold) another motorcycle and they no longer do inspections at the Broomfield offices. I was sent to Golden.

The inspector was VERY thorough, and sent me home twice with what I considered minor issues that would have been fine in Broomfield (plate was vertical not horizontal, bars were wider than 36", by 1/2 ", and because of this 1/2" required directionals, horn, and exhaust too loud).

I know the above is motorcycle specific, but I watched him inspect a car rebuild with a salvage title and he wasn't any easier on them.

· Junior Charter Member
1,369 Posts
You want the car registered as a kit. Kit cars do not need a smog test any where, at any time.

I moved here with my car from another state and it was titled as a "replica". In August this year I got notice that I needed an emissions test to renew registration. It took 2 months, but a guy at the Lakewood DOR (his name is Luke Spiker) was awesome and had my title changed to "Kit"

The exact work KIT is VERY important here

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.