Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control (/88 to /93) by Charles Probst Shows how Electronic Engine Control works, trouble shoot and modify,
How To Tune and Modify Ford Fuel Injection by Ben Watson covers similar territory as Probst's text.
Mustang Performance Handbook by William Mathis, covers everything from the short block to turbochargers
Mustang 5.0 Projects by Mark Houlahan covers performance enhancement but also stuff that is specific to /79 to /95 Mustangs
Mustang 5.0 Performance Projects by Huw Evans, similar to Mark Houlahan's book.
How To Tune & Modify Your Ford 5.0-Liter Mustang /79 - /95 by Steve Turner, similar to William Mathis' book.
Mustang Buyer's Guide /79 - /04 by Brad Bowling
5.0 L Ford Dyno Tests by Richard Holdener (over 2000 dyno pulls), it does give you an idea of the result performance enhancements but you have to read it carefully so you're not comparing apples and oranges.
Car Shop Manual 1989 Mustang by Ford Parts and Service Division, it's the real McCoy. You can get it from
Helm Publications Division
14310 Hamilton Ave.
Highland Park, MI 48203
or @
www.helminc.com
I phoned these people to make sure I was getting the genuine article from Ford, I did. They were real nice and suggested I also order the /89 Mustang Electrical & Vacuum Trouble Shooting Manual from Ford, which I did. They said that they still had a few Ford Shop Manuals in stock, this was back in early Dec./06.
I ordered the rest of the books from Amazon.
Good Luck,
Adios.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Thanks for buying my book Mark!

I've got two kids to put through college and a Roadster to finish!

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.