1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For MK III

87-93 front spindles (5 lug)
87-93 8.8 rear 4 link, 5 lug

17 x 9 front - backspacing & tire sixe??
17 X 10.5 rear - backspacing and tire size??

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Much of it depends on what you want to do for brakes. If you want to use larger Cobra or PBR calipers and rotors you will need to go with 17" wheels from someone like Team III that has enough clearance for them. I personally like the look of the 15" tires more, but I wanted the larger brakes. I have Team III 17" rims with PBR brakes in front and T-brid brakes in back and .

Since you have an MKIII with frame mods already done I would definitely go with 315s in the rear and 245 or 255s in the front, or bigger if possible. I would check the backspacing with Richard Oben or someone else that sells or makes the rims. He will know what you need for sure. I know your rim sizes look correct but I'm not sure on the backspacing.

Also, do you have the pin drive offsets at all? Some have narrowed the solid rear end and changed the lower arms up front to get the look of pin drives. I'm not sure what stage you're at so I don't know how much work this would be. I have the pin drive offset with IRS and the lug nut covers from Team III. The deep dish look is sweet and they really do look like pin drives unless you look real close. Hope that helps some.
Raul

·
Senior Charter Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just_Bitten

I'm just in the planning stages right now and plan to start purchasing parts for a future MK III build. I will be using stock size 87-93 11" brakes from donor, no pin drive offsets, and want to use 17" wheels.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
Vortechsq,

Based on your stats, you can duplicate the baskspacing on the FFR Bullet wheels on their web site since they are 9x17 front and 10.5x17 rear. As far as tires, I used FFR Bullets with 255/45/17 front and 315/35/17 rear

·
Senior Charter Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts