Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FFR 3407 build here. My donor 302 oil pan is pretty beat up so I was going to replace it. As the Mustang double sump design is not required in the FFR I would prefer a more fit for function solution than the stock pan. It appears that anything deeper than 7.75 inches will hang below the frame rails (unacceptable), but all the aftermarket pans seem to be 8 inches and up.

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mark,
I have got a 7 qt. Canton pan that I purchased through Forte's Patrs. The pan DOES NOT sit below the frame tubes. Mike Forte's is a grest person to deal with, he can set you up for whatever application you may need.

Thanks,
Scott E.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
Hey Mark,
email me and I can pass on a little info...

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Gordon Levy has a custom pan made just for our FFR's it hold 8qts and it has its own dip stick and built in windage tray and does not hang bellow the frame rails. A good looking piece as well, I have heard some sad stories about Canton's QC.
Mike

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,333 Posts
There's a picture of Gordon's pan installed on a 302 in the "visit with gordon levy" article on the front page of FFCars.

I have one on my engine (that's it in the pics), it appears to be a quality item, well made.

·
3,701 Posts
Gordon Levy's pan!!!

I bought a Canton pan for my 351, and was very disappointed in the quality. AND, it didn't even fit.

Canton Oil Pan - Quality is Lacking (with pics)

Gordon's Oil Pan (with pics)

Another nice thing about Gordon's pan (at least on my 351) is that the dipstick comes up on the passenger side of the engine near the #2 & #3 cylinder (?) The stock pan has it on the driver's side and it is pretty hard to get to and the canton pan is on the pasenger side near the front

[ August 15, 2002, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: John / My427SC ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.