Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BLUBLUR
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my set up...
302 with Speed Demon carb

Tank>Canister type Fuel Filter >Holley electric pump> regulator> carb (each inlet line to carb has tiny mesh screen - not really effective IMO)

I want to add another fuel filter, thinking of putting just before the regulator (between pump and reg) but I want to make sure it can at handle up to 14 PSI. Most filters I have seen so far are only up to 10PSI.

Should I put buy one of these up-to-10PSI filter and install between the regulator and carb. My carb runs well at 5 -7 PSI so I want to make sure whatever I get will not reduce the PSI.

Make, part number, how yours is set up, and other information would be appreciated. Thank you!

Philip

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
I decided on the Earls Inline Canister between the regulator and Speed Demon carb:

In the last photo, it's hard to see but I used a 45 deg. AN -6 elbow to couple the BG fuel "log" and the filter.

Note the AN -6 fittings. Not sure if you're going AN all around for the fuel plumbing but that's what I did.
The unit I got was from Summit Racing: EAR-230106ERL, about $28.00.

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Aeromotive inline filter. I'm also using a screen type filter before the pump. I used A/N lines, but you can adapt them to rubber lines with the correct fittings. These filters will accept up to A/N -10 fuel lines. John

·
BLUBLUR
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I think I will go ahead and put the inline fuel filter between the regulator and the card...easier project for me novice like me.

289, where did you get your coolant overflow canister? Do u have it set up as overflow/ recovery tank? Does it have a vent on top? What is the capacity?

I have a canister like yours but it is smaller and can't hold all the expanded coolant when the engine gets hot and it gets empty when the engine sucks it all up when it cools down.

Thanks again guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts