Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who remember me I had an accident that destroyed the front of my body and messed up the front suspension. Fortunately the insurance paid, according to my estimate and I redid the car with premium components from Gordon Levy, a new body painted by Ken Pike, an Isis power system and various other goodies. This took a lot longer than I had anticipated, but it is finally done.

The top is an FFR premium top. Very nice.

Attachments

·
Charter Member
1,605 Posts
Congratulations.Shep. It's been a long haul. I was wondering whatever happened to you. Gee, it's a shame you had to "settle" for Ken Pike:D you know I'm kidding. There are some as good, but none better. Congrats,

John O

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Black

Version one was black, painted by me in my garage, but since I was able to have Ken Pike do the job, I decided on this paint scheme. I rolled it around and around in my head, but cars painted like this just look so good.

Yes I am back (actually I never went away, but having nothing to brag about :) I just lurked around.)

I am going to spend some time on the roadster forum, I like contribute advice when I can, and every time I log on I learn something new.

Also, considering new tires.....I put on Nitto NT 05's. These are amazing tires, highly recommended.

·
Registered
850 Posts
What brand top is that?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The top is a Factory Five Premium top. If you go to the FFR site and look it up there is a video that shows the details.

This is a real professional convertible top, made by pros that make custom tops for hot rods.

It is expensive, but in my book worth every penny. The fit is amazing and the quality is over the top. It also does not require a zillion snaps to be drilled into the body, there is the bow over the windscreen and two attachment points just behind the doors.

I had a fiberglass top and hated it. Sold it. I wanted to make or order a Rick Young top. Too much lead time or and unbelievable amount of work if you want to buy his kit.

This top fills a niche that was previously nonexistent.

·
Senior Charter Member
6,409 Posts
Nice Job There

The top is a Factory Five Premium top. If you go to the FFR site and look it up there is a video that shows the details.

This is a real professional convertible top, made by pros that make custom tops for hot rods.

It is expensive, but in my book worth every penny. The fit is amazing and the quality is over the top. It also does not require a zillion snaps to be drilled into the body, there is the bow over the windscreen and two attachment points just behind the doors.

I had a fiberglass top and hated it. Sold it. I wanted to make or order a Rick Young top. Too much lead time or and unbelievable amount of work if you want to buy his kit.

This top fills a niche that was previously nonexistent.
Shep,

You have done a very nice job on the re-build, that is one remarkable looking car.

I do understand about things taking longer than expected, I'm still hopeful of having my MK-II done this year.

About the "Top Kit" that you got from me, if anyone does buy it from you, I'll be available for support to help them get through the process. I can supply them with any or all of the data needed to do the build.

My Top Kit is rather labor intensive and not for everyone, but in my humble opinion, the best one made (to be fair, I have not seen one of the style you now have in person).

Once I get my car on the road I will be spending more time on my top hobby, doing some final ticks on my FFR and doing a re-build on my '67 Cougar. So... I've got my future sort of tied up, oh..and still taking care of the grandkids a couple days a week.

Back to the point, congradualtions on a beautiful ride.

Regards, Rick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.