Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I know this has been discussed earlier in older threads but maybe I can get some help here.

I´m looking for a rear wing that don´t cost a fortune. Here in Sweden the APR 300 and 500 are around 3-$3500. Maybe that´s worth it, or maybe not?

I found a similar wing on E-bay (NRG 69" carbon wing) that´s a lot cheaper than the APR. Have anyone tried anything else than APR and can give me some inputs?

I did found a brand new unused APR GTC 200 for a nice price. Has anyone tried that wing on the GTM? Is it any good?

thanks
/Johan

·
Premium Member
12,937 Posts
One of the most important things to consider is the mount spacing....especially on Gen 1 cars.....and considerations on how you're going to mount the wing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the most important things to consider is the mount spacing....especially on Gen 1 cars.....and considerations on how you're going to mount the wing.
Hi Shane,
Ok. I was thinking of making a custom bracket bolted to the rear transmission frame. Have you mounted a GTC 200 wing on any GTM? Does it look good even if the wing is smaller than the GTC 300.

thanks
/Johan

·
Premium Member
12,937 Posts
I have never installed a GTC200. Most of the APR wings come in different widths.....not sure what widths are available for the GTC200? They can also set the wing up with whatever mount spacing you need. We normally have them set up so that the mounts are 27" inside-to-inside and then set up the wing stands 27" outside-to-outside.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never installed a GTC200. Most of the APR wings come in different widths.....not sure what widths are available for the GTC200? They can also set the wing up with whatever mount spacing you need. We normally have them set up so that the mounts are 27" inside-to-inside and then set up the wing stands 27" outside-to-outside.
Ok, this gtc 200 is 60,5” and the mounts are 29” apart. I’m thinking of making my own stands to accept the bracket from the rear frame.

thanks
/Johan

·
Premium Member
12,937 Posts
I think you're going to find that the 29" mount width is going to cut right thru the ribs on the bottom of the hatch....which is why I have APR set them up at 27".....

·
Registered
270 Posts
got mine from Shane apr gtc300 . he is spot on with the 27" and clearing the ribs on the hatch bottom .
plus i believe that wing is designed for the GTM ? wind tunnel tested ? i looked for other wings but in the end i think the apr is worth the $$$$ it is perfect ! Shane has a cool mounting system for it also .
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think you're going to find that the 29" mount width is going to cut right thru the ribs on the bottom of the hatch....which is why I have APR set them up at 27".....
Yes it looks like it. I was thinking of making offset mounts on the wing to move them in 1” on each side.
got mine from Shane apr gtc300 . he is spot on with the 27" and clearing the ribs on the hatch bottom .
plus i believe that wing is designed for the GTM ? wind tunnel tested ? i looked for other wings but in the end i think the apr is worth the $$$$ it is perfect ! Shane has a cool mounting system for it also .
View attachment 367800
Great info, thanks. I read somewhere at the forum where one member had problems with the rear suspension bottoming out passing 180mph with the gtc300 wing. I was thinking if i go with one step smaller wing this might not be a concern. I need to fabricate some custom brackets to get the correct spacing for the hood. But the gtc 300 sure looks great on the GTM. Have you done any high speed test with it?

/Johan

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have an NRG A690 that I ordered to see on my GTM and it is WAYY too tall. If you have a local machine shop, it would definitely work with smaller uprights made. I believe you can only use half of the mounts they send for the base too. Also, the quality is bad. Little holes in the carbon near the edges, just nowhere near the quality the APR is. Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts