Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
pizza connoisseur
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what bolts go in the rear FFR Tubular control arm bolts that bolt it to the rear end?? I can not find anything suitable that came with the kit...

·
pizza connoisseur
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those are the bolts to connect control arm to frame. I need the bolts that connect control arm to the rear end.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
I don't think those bolts come with the kit. Most of the suspension bolts are supposed to come from the donor.

If you don't have them, then get what you need from Mark at Breeze.

·
pizza connoisseur
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked for some time and could not locate any bolt that would work. Having the tubular control arm option from FFR I thought that the bolts would be in the kit. I might try to go to hardware store and try to find something that might work...

·
The Greek
3,260 Posts
I was afraid I would need to use bolts from my donor but all the bolts came with the kit.
I did not use any bolts from the donor.
Check inventory sheet again, they might be somewhere you never thought they might be.
But mine is MKIII with 3 link.

·
Premium Member
16,561 Posts
Tim,
Your title refers to the upper control arms, is that correct (didn't know FFR sold those)? I know the LCA's from FFR come with the bolts (especially since the axle end bolts from the donor will not fit with the competition brackets) but am not sure for the uppers. Regardless, they will be metric bolts and should be class 10.9. Most likely are 12mm but you should use an LCA bolt to confirm. You may have to go to a fastener specialty shop to find them but I would have thought they would be provided with the UCA's.

If you meant the LCA's then the bolts are 12mm Class 10.9 front and rear with the rears being 10mm longer than the fronts because of the competition brackets.

Cheers, Rod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts