Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went for my first go-kart ride and noticed the rear tires wanted to spin rear easy dialed in more pinnion angle about 3 degrees helped a little but not much real light in the ASS any ideas :eek:

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Trade engines with me - I almost never have that problem

I thought the pinion angle worked on wheel hop, much more than spin. Is it a throttle issue? -With donor setup - lots of folks say that it is more like on off with little control.

·
3,875 Posts
720HP SBC?, take the super charger, both turbos and the nitros off and you can get a little more traction :D
Don

·
8,275 Posts
730HP and Traction? Somehow I don't see how they could play well together. You could always add traction control.

Of course drag slicks would help........Might need to add wheelie bars though.

Of course on the other hand you could just enjoy the ride! Even though it may be sideways. :D

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
There are nine big fat wires that go into the distributer that you mention in your sig line. One of those wires will go to the coil. Leave that one alone. Unplug four of the other wires. That should give the other guys a chance to catch up.

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
730hp! Outstanding, Less.

I'm going to buy stock in Goodyear!

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Fill up your trunk with a bunch of bags full of sand.

Then put on a wheely bar because if you get traction, you'll be need it.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Blah, blah, blah. Horsepower is over-rated.

[ just because I'm jealous
]

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think I am missing something... Why would you put 730 hp in a 2050 lb car (with the body on) and wonder about traction? Sounds to me the plan was to SPIN TIRES!
Joe

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
Cobraortho, ya gotta admit, his heart's in the right place.

Robert, you need a supercharger...

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Randy,

I'm doing the MAF conversion now so I can add all that stuff on later. I think I'll probably start with a cam, then move to better heads, intake, TB, injectors. You know, fun post-build projects

If I can get it to around 300HP down the road and I'll be happy. My dad just bought a C5, so I'll need to be absolutely certain that I can take him!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm having the same problem and I only have 500HP - seriously thinking about changing rear end gearing. There's a current thread about this on the other forum.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
added a spring loaded third link that is used in a dirt latemodel stock car and guess what hardly no tire spin added a 250 lb third link spring and put angle to o but the third link would rotate to 4.5 degrees and it helped a ton

1 - 20 of 24 Posts