Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just finishing my Mark IV. I built one back in 03 and sorry I sold it.

It appears a standard plate or plate and license plat frame ( I have a Shelby Motors one) will not fit. If mounted on the license plat bracket under the license plate light it covers the trunk latch and you can't lock with out removing the plate.

I appears the earlier trunks (my 03) had the license plate light further up the trunk as the plat fit fine under the light and above the latch. I my have seen something on the forum awhile back but cannot locate. I am also reaching out to FFR

Any ideas without doing a damage to the trunk

Geof Phillips

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I notched my plate, cut a slot in the light lens & used Silicone to bond it to the FFR cross piece since the mounting holes no longer matched up.

Search for license plate mod - there are a number of ways to do this including inverting the lights electronics. I just did a simple one. Been good since March 2015.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Factory five is offering a new trunk that moved the bracket up so you don’t have to mess with your plate. It’s on my list of things to purchase when I get closer to getting the body work done. I believe they’re selling for less than $400.

·
Not a waxer
11,805 Posts
Here's a thread that includes my instructions for modifying the license plate lamp to allow the plate to fit:

Mk4 and lic. Plate mounting

You won't fit your Shelby Motors frame but hey, it's not really a Shelby anyway so you don't need it ;)

Jeff

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,239 Posts
Or just go full custom......

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Nice, but you should have also Frenched the tail lights & gone full custom. :devilish:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts