Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FFR Bandit
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please show me your pictures of where you brought your dip stick up the side or back of the engine.
I do not want to go between the header tubes for a number of reasons....mainly for installation of the tubes themselves. But with to many curves/bends the stick does not want to travel down the tube
Thoughts, options...ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
mine is up through the headers (between 7 and 8) ...sorry no help here.

·
Premium Member
9,683 Posts
With a rear sump pan you are pretty much stuck with routing the tube up between the header tubes. With a front sump pan you can use the location off the right front of the timing cover. Most all replacement timing covers have the hole already drilled.
Here's a photo of one I did several years ago, it used a Canton rear sump pan with a dipstick bung and plugged the hole in the side of the block, the tube was fabricated from a section of 3/8" stainless tubing and the stick was a cut down stock stick. When bending the tube, you will have to make all the bends on a single plane, otherwise the stick will get hung up and not reach the oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.