Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of the rear spring and perch? I would like to see how the spring is positioned in place. A :confused: ny help would be nice. thanks

·
2,990 Posts
I just put mine together but I don't have pictures. I will see if I can take some pictures when I get home from work.

·
2,990 Posts
Ok I finally got here. Between work and my X's requests time is at a premium. This is how I did this. I had to drill holes in the square tubing frame for the front flange bolt holes on the spring perch. The drivers side I only drilled one hole since the other hole would go thru the frame number welded into the square tube. I also had to grind the flanges on the spring perch to get around the welds on the frame so the spring perch would sit level on the flanges on the frame. My most helpful tool so far in this project has been my Makita 4" grinder that I use both a grinding wheel and a cut off wheel. Ignore the position of the springs. I am still in the process of torqueing the trailing arms. The suspension is set at ride height. Hope this helps let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Senior Charter Member
496 Posts
Thank you very much Perl and TBullard!

I think Factory Five ought to spend a little more time on their manual with additional instructions and photos for the first timer. Thanks to guys like you, I can get through this!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts