Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FFR says to center the arms and equally shim. Well if I center the arm closes to the front I can't shim both sides of the rear. Should I just center as best as possible and have it unequally shimmed?
Thanks Mike

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
No shims until it is aligned. We center the front or move it just forward to make the rear not hit on one side. Do both sides the same. In our experience the pass front mount is about 1/8 in too far inboard. Cheers Richard.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
The shims will most often not have an equal number on either side of the rod end. Shim both sides equally refers to passenger side vs. drivers side which is just a suggested starting point and will most likely change during alignment. Just use as many shims as will easily fit on either side of the rod end.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,
Mike

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,598 Posts
Mike,

My shims aren't even close to being equal so as posted I wouldn't worry about it. I would also put the bolt in the other way on your top picture. If you do it the way it is, you'll have fun trying to get it out after the car is done.

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Heed what Weendoggy says. Also, best to do the rear alignment now, before the aluminum is all on, if you're doing it yourself. It's a lot easier to reach bolts than after the aluminum and/or body is mounted. Info on how to do it in the FAQ section.

Forrest

1 - 6 of 6 Posts