Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been posted before, but did not find it in a search.

I know some are interested in a slabside body with rear exhaust. So check out Dr. Gas website on there FFR set-up. It's pretty nice.

http://www.drgas.com/photogal/thumbnails.php?album=8

·
Junior Charter Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think they are selling an actual complete kit. I think it was a custom exhaust they did for someone. But like you said Sergio it is som nice work to get all of that to fit.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,486 Posts
Dr. Gas built jigs so that they could replicate the exhaust for other FFR owners. However, I don't think they've received much, if any interest.

But in my opinion it's a really sweet setup.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,665 Posts
Originally posted by Sergio:
Nice work !
but is dr. Gas an official vendor?
that is the question
That would be a smart thing for him to do if he want's to generate some interest.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,510 Posts
Nice work but I don't think I'd want my exhaust pipe running under a live axle. I would think with all that work they would make some bends up and over the axle. Also it doesn't look real smart to be cutting the crossmembers.

·
Junior Charter Member
591 Posts
Running under the axle is on'y a problem if there is enough travel to hit it. Limiting straps should take care of that.

I think that cross-meber is OK. What forces does it carry? Transmission mount? That 4" tube is WAY stronger than the stamp steel x-member the Mustang uses. No problem.

I LIKE IT!

·
Still broke & dreaming...
2,205 Posts
Originally posted by Jim Doak:

But in my opinion it's a really sweet setup.
Hmmmm...I wonder why you would have that opinion! :D Haha!

I always did prefer the side pipes, but I have to say, Jim's car is a great looking machine with that under-car setup. Nice and clean on the sides, and no calf burns! I also think it looks better in red!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,486 Posts
Aggie, you're correct about the exhaust pipes going under the rear axle. At full droop the axle is still above the exhaust with plenty of clearance. Also, they notched the rear crossmember to provide room for their "frame clearance" tubes. And they filled the notches with some fabricated plates that match the curve of the notch. So I doubt little, if any strength was lost.

This car is solid. Going over railroad track crossings, etc,...no squeaks or rattles.

Gary, we'll have to go for a spin one of these days.

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Who cares if Dr. Gas is an advertiser? Is there some restriction about mentioning a company that doesn't run an ad here?
Good company with good products but I don't see them shelling out money for a banner when in 3 years only about 3 or 4 people have built undercar systems. There just isn't a market for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.