Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha thanks!

What caught me off guard was in the manual the picture didn't have those on there. Will I have to re-adjust them when I move to Fox length axles/brackets? The rear came out of a 94 GT.

Luckily the rest of the rear already had 3.27 gears in it

· FFCobra Craftsman
25,999 Posts
3 link is light years ahead of 4 link unless you are drag racing on slicks 90% of the time. Do 3 link now while it's easy. I've done two 4 to 3 link conversions on finished cars and it's no fun.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Yes, you'll need to move them. You will need to either cut them back or remove the quad shock mounts.

Jeff
On mine, the anti moan brackets would only fit without modification if I cut the quad shock mounts off and mounted the brake brakets facing forward. Otherwise they hit the lower control arm brackets is mounted with the calipers facing back.

However, I am reusing the stock brake brackets mounted inboard, which may move things slightly further in.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On mine, the anti moan brackets would only fit without modification if I cut the quad shock mounts off and mounted the brake brakets facing forward. Otherwise they hit the lower control arm brackets is mounted with the calipers facing back.

However, I am reusing the stock brake brackets mounted inboard, which may move things slightly further in.
Seems like your only about an hour away from me. Mind if I come by sometime to see a partially built kit?

· Lay posi
1,223 Posts
I used a 94 rear end. I cut the anti-moan brackets down and rewelded them. They fit perfect and I have no moan. It's a very easy modification.

Wibby

· Registered
340 Posts
Resurecting this ancient thread as it originally asked the question I'm looking for an answer to.

For the 4-Link ... can we remove the Quadshock brackets? I don't see any mention of them in the assembly manual. I'm about to cut them off today.

P.S. While I do understand the 3-Link is a better setup ... I did upgrade to the Koni Performance 4-Link. Please don't convince me to go 3-Link. It's not an option at the moment. Thanks! :001_tongue:

* Better yet ... if someone could post a complete 4-Link w/ Koni Coilover setup assembled that'd be awesome! The build manual is pretty vague.

· Registered
340 Posts
While I still couldn't find it in the assembly manual, it does look like there is a bracket for the quadshock on the Roadster frame ... so I'll keep it.

I'd still really appreciate a photo of a fully assemble 4-Link. Thanks!!

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Here are a couple of pictures (not from my car).

Auto part Suspension Engine Vehicle Suspension part

Motor vehicle Auto part Vehicle Engine Suspension

· Registered
1,123 Posts
I used the four link and quad shock setup with the mustang springs. The anti moan bracket had to be trimmed a bit to fit with the brackets for 87-93 axle width. I used a cut off wheel and removed the metal sticking out past the tubes for the u bolt. If your are going to use the anti moan brackets then the calipers can only mounted to the rear and this might interfere with coil overs. I searched for pictures and this is the best I could find.

Good Luck
Norm

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.