Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on the last body mold for myCoupe. This is the rear air diffuser. I have been working the last few nights and have the surface of the diffuser shaped.

Now all I have to do is to decide on the fins and make them.

· Registered
301 Posts
I like the 4 thick short ones. Any concern about rear ground clearance?

· FFR Rookie Craftsman
2,937 Posts

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice as usual. I assume it will be removable? No way that body goes back on otherwise.
Thanks. Yes it is removable. Once I have it completed, I will put it in place and then fiberglass a lip on the body. Then it will be installed after the body is on. I plan to use perforated base nuts on the body lip to secure it in place. The rear diffuser will be black and I will use black oval head bolts to secure it.

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just to answer some private questions. The diffuser should fit other coupes. I didn't change the fenders at the bottom much. All that would have to be done is to make a mounting lip or tab.

I might make both a 4 and 5 mold. I won't have time to make them for others, but if there is a demand, I could see about having some company local make them.

Ron

· Registered
805 Posts
Just to answer some private questions. The diffuser should fit other coupes. I didn't change the fenders at the bottom much. All that would have to be done is to make a mounting lip or tab.

I might make both a 4 and 5 mold. I won't have time to make them for others, but if there is a demand, I could see about having some company local make them.

Ron
That is if you haven't installed a Fuel Safe cell that protrudes the body in the aft corners. I love the diffuser and want one but have to resolve the tank protrusions.

· Senior Charter Member
2,969 Posts
I would love a ready to mount diffuser.

Marc

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.