Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the reaer coilover upgrade\ and am trying to figure out where the rear coilover shocks would mount on a first genreation frame. Also would like to see where they moun to the rearend housing. any pics would be great. I am also running 17inch rims with 275/40s on them and need to know if this tire is too wide for the coilover set up

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
I have the same size tires and converted to coil overs last fall. They fit fine. My wheels are 17x9.5 with 6.25" of backspace. The ride over bumps is much less harsh. If you have aftermarket quad shocks they may or may not hit the spring. It depends on the design of the quad shock housing. The bracket on the axle housing that the stock vertical shock is mounted to...... that bracket gets removed and a bolt with spacers attaches the coil over at that location. The upper end is attached in the shock tower with a bolt oriented front-to-back. The hole is just below the aluminum of the truck floor. Later MkI frames had those holes from the factory. Early ones did not. I lucked out. I'm s/n 2670 and it had the holes from FFR. When I say the upper mount hole is just below the aluminum, I really mean it. I had to slightly adjust the aluminum with a ball peen hammer to get the bolt and nut on. No big deal. Just resealed the aluminum around the shock tower when I was finished.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts