Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on using the rear trim piece for the convertible mode. How have others fastened it to the body so it won't fly off when driving? The manual mentions Velcro and silicone but it seems either would ruin the paint. But maybe it doesn't matter as that area behind the cockpit will be covered when using the top also.

It has taken me two years to get almost finished (working on DMV inspections and registration this week) and the trim piece has been sitting in the box for all this time. The vinyl has separated from the plastic frame in spots. Also, it seems the vinyl is not wide enough to cover the frame fully (or it has shrunk). Have others had to rework the vinyl to make the trim piece work?

Any comments will be appreciated.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I plan on using the rear trim piece for the convertible mode. How have others fastened it to the body so it won't fly off when driving? The manual mentions Velcro and silicone but it seems either would ruin the paint. But maybe it doesn't matter as that area behind the cockpit will be covered when using the top also.

It has taken me two years to get almost finished (working on DMV inspections and registration this week) and the trim piece has been sitting in the box for all this time. The vinyl has separated from the plastic frame in spots. Also, it seems the vinyl is not wide enough to cover the frame fully (or it has shrunk). Have others had to rework the vinyl to make the trim piece work?

Any comments will be appreciated.
Im using Velcro. The trim covers any method you are going to use. The top will cover the Velcro. Don't worry about the vinyl coming unglued. Mine sat for only a month and the vinyl came unglued. 3m spray adhesive fixed that. Remember the foam compresses so it may seem like the vinyl won't fit. They trim away any excess at the factory so you really don't have much to work with. Easy does it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.