Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I figured out Sunday that the calipers that came on the used rear end I bought don't fit. They interfere with the shocks.

So, I need a new set of calipers at the least. I'd also go in on the entire rear brake setup if someone is looking to unload a set they aren't using that will fit.

I'm using the FFR supplied 15x9 rear wheels.

Thanks,

Foster

·
Not a waxer
11,763 Posts
Hello all,

I figured out Sunday that the calipers that came on the used rear end I bought don't fit. They interfere with the shocks.

So, I need a new set of calipers at the least. I'd also go in on the entire rear brake setup if someone is looking to unload a set they aren't using that will fit.

I'm using the FFR supplied 15x9 rear wheels.

Thanks,

Foster
Change them to be on the forward side of the axle rather than the rear by swapping the calipers, mounts and anti-moan brackets side to side. Doing this also simplifies the parking brake cable routing.

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Junior Charter Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Change them to be on the forward side of the axle rather than the rear by swapping the calipers, mounts and anti-moan brackets side to side. Doing this also simplifies the parking brake cable routing.

Cheers,
Jeff
Thanks Jeff! Some part of my brain remembers reading about this at one point or another.

Foster

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Good Advice by Kleiner. I remember asking him the same question years ago.

(if you have the stock calipers) I ended up flipping the shock upside down to fit with the stock rear brakes in the stock location.

Attachments

·
Not a waxer
11,763 Posts
Hold on and back up! I just saw Foster's other post which includes a photo---

Now that I see a picture it is evident that you do not have the large rotors which can result in caliper/shock interference. You have the smaller rotors and the actual problem is that you have the calipers on the wrong sides. Put them where they belong and you should have clearance. I still prefer to mount them in the forward location because it makes for simpler parking brake routing but whether you wish to do that or just move the calipers to the correct sides is up to you.

Good luck!

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts