Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed rear brakes. The rotor hit the caliper in the front to rear direction on both passenger and driver sides. The rotor won't even sit flush with the caliper installed. Any advice?

·
Junior Charter Member
289 Posts
it is hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like the outer pad is wedged in there crooked, and that is causing the rotor to not sit flush. I would back up a little and take the caliper off. First lay a straight edge across the wheel studs and measure to the bracket that the caliper rests on (front and rear), they should be the same I think. Then check to make sure the rotor sits flush against the inside of the axle. Then put the caliper on without the pads to see if the rotor sits flush still and measureto see if it is even on both sides. It doesnt have to be the same distance on both sides of the caliper, just even on the same sides front and rear if that make sense. Then try with the pads, and do the same thing.

From the pic though it just looks like the outside pad is wedged in there incorrectly. If all that fails post some more pics of different angles and let us know exactly what set up you are using. Good luck!

·
What's in a name
369 Posts
I've seen this before when using the offset caliper brackets. It's possible the holes/bend are incorrectly positioned.

Try unbolting the caliper and install the rotor flush using a lug nut to hold it. Place the caliper in position and see how much additional clearance is needed to bolt it on.

Few things you can try, loosen all the bolts and let everything slid up, or oblong the mounting holes or give your supplier a call and get his opinion. He may just send you another set.

Edit*** In addition, I have been told there is a left and right side.

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
It looks like a Turbo coupe caliper with a Mustang GT rotor. Not going to ever fit. In short NOTHING IS INTERCHANGEABLE. HTH, Cheers Richard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts