Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...here's a really perplexing problem that I can't seem to figure out:

The rear signals work perfectly as they should. The passenger side front signal works perfectly. Now the driver's side front signal works half perfectly. When you make a left signal, it blinks as it should, but when I switch on the hazards, it doesn't come on at all while the other three do! If I turn on the left signal at the same time I switch on the hazards, they all work fine.

I am totally confused! It would make a little more sense if the entire driver's side or both fronts worked like that, but I don't even know where to begin with this one.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

·
Junior Charter Member
815 Posts
Check your grounds. I experienced wierd behavior with my lighting and discovered that I didn't have a ground "fully grounded" - bad solder. Lights worked but not as intended. Resoldering the bad connection made my lights work like new money.

Run individual ground wires from your lights directly to bare frame if possible for testing.

·
Junior Charter Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lurker! I had soldered and shrink wrapped all the wires and *thought* I did a good job of it all, but I guess it's possible that the ground at the end of the wires might not be there! I'll definitely check that out!

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
use a multimeter and check for resistance from your hazard switch wire to the spot where it meets up with your turn signal. If you used Diodes on the hazard switch, did you make sure the diode is facing the right way.

If you put on the T/S and the Hazard at the same time, it seems like the light is working just because you have the T/S wired correctly...not because the hazard is all of a sudden working right.

Check grounds too, but I think it would be something related to the wiring in the hazard circuit.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Before I dove into the wiring I'd check to make sure you just don't have a bad bulb in the driver's front socket. I had a similar problem, replaced the bulb and it worked fine. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts